Monday, May 30, 2011

No theme *other than work*, just rambling...

   Today was an odd day today at school. Hope the rest of the week isn't like this!

   With the voluntary removal of services, I found that I accomplished a lot more. But, I had to deal with argumentative students: "Why should I work outside of the period when YOU DON'T?" (My reply: "I work outside of the period, just without students. Get back to work and hand something in.") I am seriously considering printing out the Education Act, and highlighting what teachers are required to do by law - and what students are required to do as well! That may shock a few.

   Wednesday is the final deadline for all these assignments I've been trying to collect in vain. Everyone has known since April 30 of every single assignment due, and several work periods. So why are there only 4 students out of all my periods that are all done? I appreciate that Photo is not the highest academic priority, but hell, shoot on the weekend and edit in class. You'll be done quicker than your realize! Frustration to an extreme. I've had to call 30 parents because as it stands, that many are looking to fail. Fail Photo!? Really, you have to TRY to fail photo.

   Find out about jobs this week. Basically there are four situations that could happen for me, two unlikely. The first unlikely: I'm finished my semester and return to the sublist. If that happens, I did something horribly wrong (which I doubt, judging from reaction from admin and students). Second unlikely: offered a PERMANENT contract. That is the ultimate goal, one I've never been closer to since I start subbing. But high schools in general will have a few less students overall, and that impacts 'hiring.'

   The two likely scenarios are I continue in Photo (finish in January), or start the music mat leave (for all year). Obviously, I would love the music contract. It's the one that I did in September-November, and it's guitar. But Photo would be awesome too - finally starting to get used to it, and would have a lot of fun with the knowledge the students should've learned this term. In any case, I have been told I'll know by mid-week. I'm hoping everything really is fallng into place, and not falling out from under me, like 5 years ago. It took me 5 years to get back to a good place in most aspects!

  But, I'm trying to destress. I went for a run (ha - okay, some of that was relaxing, but I'm not at the point of enjoying it completely!), took a long hot shower, and just relaxing in front of the tv. If I was into wine, I'd probably drink that too... ooo, I have bailey's.... gotta go :)

No comments:

Post a Comment