Thursday, June 9, 2011

Good day for my self-confidence :)

     So... I will be returning to my current position in the fall. Long story short, the school is combining the mat leaves - I'll probably teach a bunch of photo term 1, with a guitar class; then term 2 will be at least a few guitar classes. Nothing is overly official (mainly because the guitar mat leave isn't technically covered yet until she files the paperwork). So, I'm happy - love the school, get to try the same thing twice (crazy, I know!), and really enjoy the people I work with.

    This summer I have to go to a few weddings (considering I'm the official photographer in one, and unofficial in another) and grad (at the request of my grade 12's :D).  What does that mean? I had to get a dress... which is usually a pain in the ass. And really, I had to; I tried one of my usuals on and it fell off (wow, that's a wardrobe malfunction that NO ONE wants to see). I tried a different store today, and when the salesperson guessed my size I laughed (why do they do that - seriously, I would've never tried to do that working retail!!). However, the joke was on me: she was right! The dress I got was a full 3 sizes smaller than the last dress I bought. Now I have to get shoes... blah (hate more than clothes shopping. Yes, I'm sure I'm really female lol).

     And then I went to the Dance showcase at school. I had one of my "problem" students from my contract from hell give me a hug (saying I was her favourite, yada yada yada). And my boss from my last retail gig was there and we talked for a bit. It felt good saying my life was on track *and that I wasn't wanting to go back for the summer... especially after finding out some students work there now.

    Just the little things added up today. Throw in a good visit with colleagues, staff bbq and a good mood... this is what I look forward to. Hopefully tomorrow is even better!

No comments:

Post a Comment