Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Another randomness post

So many things, so much brain fog... maybe saying (blogging?) the ridiculous ones out of my head will help. At least it will be good for a laugh :)

* WTH is with Artie standing and dancing in Glee tonight? I mean, I haven't watched it in forever, but when I turned to it, that's what I found. And a wedding proposal? Seriously??

* Classes are good, except for equipment. One class - 24 students, 20 guitars. Another class - 34 students, 30 guitars (working in two different rooms with guitars in them). Apparently the kids get to share guitars. Hoping something gets fixed - maybe I can get a few new guitars out of the deal...

*Training adviser-ship officially done. A few last minute items, so it should all be good. I'm still with the committee, just won't be chairing it. Conference went well (actually, I'd almost say great!) but not because of me... the people who covered my ass. I'm glad it's over - and we don't have to worry about it for at least another month.

* There are only two ways to drink milk: chocolate milk, or white milk with root beer schnapps. Thank you Tanya @ WRTC for that!

* I am also teaching a Life Trans class... and using a lot of personal experiences to describe stuff (we're talking decision making right now). These kids could have an awful lot of blackmail material - if they only paid attention!

* My senior guitar class is doing a semester-long songwriting workshop. I think I'm more excited about an actual songwriter coming in than some of them! (Is it because I don't know songwriting, OR that I don't have to plan a class a week?)

*2 games left in basketball! Not that I didn't like coaching - even with Meg - but it's exhausting. Playoffs around Valentine's Day.

* I may be going to Calgary and Toronto for Feb break. Maybe Toronto, for sure Calgary. There is a training in Toronto that I put my name forward for... and it would cover the flights and hotel (and I could use it in school and Guiding).

* Anyone want to travel in 2013? I still want to, but not sure where, or if I want to travel with someone...

* My sarcasm will get me in trouble one day. For now, it helps me teach.

* You know all those silly songs you learn when you're little (or a Girl Guide)? I have a weird version of 3 of them in my head.

* Volunteering is amazing, overwhelming, complex and exhausting, but totally worth it. Volunteering shapes most of my life, but making priorities suck. Why does money trump all?

* I need a campfire. Anyone in?

I think that's boring enough for tonight. Maybe I'll put a logical post together... ha, that won't happen (has it really even happened yet?)

No comments:

Post a Comment