Thursday, March 24, 2011

Day 5 - fun... and almost done

Today was another good day!

To start off, after yoga, there was a water-tower climb. The tower was 14.5 m! (So, in my rough - way-too-tired math, that should be about 50 feet.) So I climbed to the top, on a small ladder, with a cage around me. Why did I do this, with a fear of heights? I have no idea, but I did it. The worst was the way down. I had a few panic moments, because you can't look down, and the rungs were quite small and you had to "feel" for them with your feet. (I can only imagine the Safe Guide paperwork had I been in Canada - one of the WAGGGS board members told us not to fall because of the forms lol... gee, haven't heard that before). The view was completely worth it though!

We also tried to skype with the other world centres. It kind of worked; Cabana was not in because of the time difference (which makes sense, as they are practically SK time), but the quality was iffy. What was interesting was that we, Sangam, probably the most technologically unreliable, has been producing the most web stuff! (If you go to wagggsworld.org, find the YWFF section, you should see photos and videos uploaded each day - my patrol's video will be up in the morning!)

We ended with a "night on the town." We went to Vishtavardi, a neighbourhood 10 minute walk from Sangam. Shopped (found a tunic I like! and some other things) and went to a vegetarian restaurant for supper. Delicious!

I really enjoy it here. Part of me wants to apply for volunteering or a communications intern, but the logical part of me says I need to wait until a contract turns permanent... man this life stuff gets in the way.

Hard to believe we leave in just over 24 hours! Mandy, Reike and I leave at the same time (3 AM) so I'm not planning on sleeping tomorrow night - so expect even more of a rambling blog!

Ali

No comments:

Post a Comment