Saturday, June 25, 2011

Grads and other ramblings

  So, grad was last night... which means people dressed up and ceremonies were had. The actual grad ceremony was your standard - list the grads, speak, see people get awards, and clap lots :) In all seriousness, I feel fortunate to have worked with some of these students throughout the year. I taught Guitar and Photo and the 12 level, and had a blast. I know many of the staff who've been there since the beginning have always said good things about this group. If these guys run the world, it will be a happier place at least!

    Had a good time with the students (even met some parents... haha), and had a great day with the staff during the day. Speeches were phenomenal - way better than the speeches when I graduated (mainly because I'm pretty sure I fell asleep during the toasts back in the day). 
 
My grad, now teaching grads!

Have I mentioned how much I LOVE the staff I work with? I spent the entire day with them (coffee with one friend, lunch with a group, afternoon "tea" with some, then "staff collaboration" afterwards). Awesome conversations, I keep laughing and I feel comfortable being me. I'm so glad to return in the fall! Can't wait til Tues, that's for sure :)

  In other, non-work news... I did another 5k run today. And NO WALKING this time! At the Boogie, I walked for 5 minutes to catch my breath. Today I ran the whole thing - now, I did it slowly, but I did it. Even with this wicked cough/smoker's hack. Should I take up smoking to clear it up?

  Booked my ticket for the PhotoShop seminar this July. Good thing I'm teaching it again - it seems to justify me going to Calgary :) 

  Okay, so I should finish cleaning. Not that I should worry - family gathering with family that will be happy to be together rather than critique (at least to my face). 

 Hopefully the rest of my summer has moments filled with fun and adventure. I figure this weekend is a good kick-off!

No comments:

Post a Comment