Sunday, July 15, 2012

Bored on the train...

Okay, not bored. The scenery from Galway to Dublin is gorgeous... I'm just tired and trying to avoid eye contact with the couple making out across from me (gag).


The tour to the cliffs was good. Beautiful pictures I hope, good enough time at most things and no carsickness with the winding road (somehow didn't think of that with any of my bus tours. Oops) love the countryside in any country and the stories behind it. It was a good tour for that, and my bus mate was from Germany backpacking so we talked for a bit.

Wiped me out completely. Lots of walking, close quarters with 55 other people plus this flipping cold. Thought I could rest at the hostel, but no.
The hostel was awesome the first two nights. Quiet, little noise and respectful people when they came in and out of sleeping areas. The last two nights the room beside me decided to host parties. Loud music, pound on the wall, yelling and drinking in the sleeping areas. The first night they moved to the common areas right around the quiet time so it wasn't horrible (although they weren't all that quiet coming back from the bar.)
Last night they did it again but louder. They got really loud until about midnight (quieting whenever someone knocked for a minute or two), then had a screaming party in the commons areas. They left, did more drinking, and came back at 3 and continued the party in their room. They got kicked out and were extremely loud about their objection.

Thought that was over when one of the people from our room walked in and started snoring worse than anything I've heard. And, to top it off, someone pulled the fire alarm at 530 ish. So, not so restful. Not that everything is the hostel's fault, but it left a bad impression after such a good start. Here's hoping the hostel in Dublin is a bit better. Worse case, 4 nights until Airdrie I guess.

Also trying to figure out how come I can't get a cell signal consistently to save my life. Trying to text people has been, well, trying for all involved. I think I need to be around a cell phone in use for it to work. Augh.

Okay, I'm done rambling... and how many times can I clear my throat/sound like I'm coughing up a lung before this couple gets the hint? Still an hour to go... too bad my earplugs are packed with my sleeping mask...

No comments:

Post a Comment